Sealcoating is an important part of parking lot maintenance for good reason. It provides several benefits when applied correctly by professional asphalt contractors.
At Shamblin Sealcoating, we have been sealcoating commercial parking lots throughout Aurora, IL for more than 10 years. From preparing and cleaning lots to repairing deeper cracks and applying sealcoating, our 5-star commercial paving company provides first-class service, solutions, and results for every sealcoating project we handle.
Whether you need an expert to evaluate your parking lot maintenance needs or it’s time to schedule sealcoating service, Shamblin Sealcoating is ready to help you!
Sealcoating Increases Life Pavement
Sealcoating can address existing pavement damage while protecting asphalt from future damage caused by:
- Oxidation: Oxygen bonds to asphalt molecules as soon as the pavement is laid. Over time, this process of oxidation will cause pavement to become brittle, stiff, and fatigued. While that alone may cause slight cracking, oxidation also makes pavement more vulnerable to damage from the elements, traffic, and more. A black-grey hue or lighter shade of black is a red flag of asphalt oxidation.
- The elements: Freezing temperatures, snow, and sun exposure can all take a toll on pavement. So can deicer salts, as well as water penetrating even small cracks in asphalt.
- Standard wear and tear: Traffic from people, cars, and trucks can also play a role in damaging parking lots and paved areas. And that’s not all. The chemicals and water that may be left behind by vehicles can do additional damage to pavement.
Depending on the condition of commercial pavement:
- Sealcoating can be used to seal small cracks and prevent water intrusion. It can also prevent cracks and other damage that can result from freeze-thaw cycles.
- Hot crack sealing and/or asphalt repair may be needed before sealcoating to address deeper cracks when more damage exists. Once existing damage has been addressed, sealcoating can be applied, providing a protective coating for paved areas.
With routine sealcoating as part of a parking lot maintenance plan, it’s possible to double the life span of your asphalt and pavement. That can mean putting off costly repairs and/or replacement for years or longer!
Benefits of Sealcoating
Some of the many benefits of sealcoating include (and are not limited to):
- Lots that look like new: Fresh sealcoating can refresh the look of pavement, renewing its appearance while revitalizing its ability to withstand the elements and traffic. That can beautify properties while preserving or possibly adding to their values.
- Protection from various damage: From oxidation to weather, vehicles, chemicals, and more, sealcoating can keep the damaging elements at bay, protecting pavement and making it more resilient.
- Easier maintenance: By sealing small cracks and creating smoother surfaces, sealcoats can make it easier to remove snow, sweep, pressure wash and maintain parking lot marking and striping. That makes for a safer, more attractive paved area. It can also minimize expensive repairs, accidents, and other problems.
- Savings: Sealcoating is far more cost-effective than replacing asphalt or making major asphalt repairs. That can result in huge savings, as well as less downtime for commercial paved areas.
Why Choose Shamblin Sealcoating?
Shamblin Sealcoating is a full-service commercial paving company with more than a decade of experience in the Aurora, IL area. Fully licensed and insured, we have completed countless paving projects at commercial and industrial properties, providing superior results on time, to spec, and within budget.
Our team uses top-of-the-line equipment and materials, along with the latest industry best practices and our expertise, to consistently deliver top-quality paving services and custom-tailored property management programs. Plus, we back every project with our customer satisfaction guarantee.
That’s why Shamblin Sealcoating has so many happy customers and referrals—and why we are a premier Aurora paving company!
Call (630) 361-5542 or contact us online for a FREE quote for sealcoating service the western suburbs of Chicago.
Free Estimates ˑ Custom Tailored Maintenance Programs ˑ Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed